Learn more about the Sellinger School of Business and Management

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

House Call

Meet Dr. Felipe Villela Diaz, who made a house call to my hotel room today to prescribe antibiotics for an infection I have developed over the past 24 hours. I’m sad to say my colleague Greg seems to have the same thing although, in my observation, he is handling the situation with more maturity than I am, or maybe he’s just quieter. The doctor says I probably got this infection from shaking unwashed hands, eating salad, or consuming undercooked meat. There's a 24-hour incubation period, so, with no proof whatsoever, I'm suspicious of the mysterious appetizer featuring cabuches (see blog from a few days ago).

FYI, 2 out of 10 international visitors to Mexico City get this infection.

Dr. Diaz said I’d feel better by the plane trip home tomorrow, and I hope he’s right or Greg is going to get very sick of me. I regret that I am missing the conference wrap-up, I realize how unglued I become when I am unable to be productive. Although, my small group focusing on Ecology & Sustainability has kept me in the loop via e-mail (and has even offered to bring me food if I think I’m up to it!) so I look forward to reviewing their thoughts and the wrap-up notes back at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment